1. When is rent distributed to rental owners?
Rent is distributed within 5 days following the month rent was received. Rent can be received by auto deposit or by check. Management fee is deducted from the rent prior to disbursement to owner.
2. How much do you charge for your services?
To find a new tenant for you rental, the fee is first months rent.
For monthly property management, a manager will review with you, Your needs and number of rentals to determine your monthly cost per rental.
3. What management services do you offer?
We offer full property management - Check out our services here.
We also have an in house repairs/renovation company that can maintain your rental, if desired.
You can use any repair company you want.
4. How often do you inspect a property?
Normally we do a walk through at the beginning of the lease and end of the lease, and one other time during the year. We will also inspect if there seems to be a problem, or if you the rental owner desires additional inspections.
5. What would you expect from me as a property owner?
We expect you to get all permits and licenses required by the municipality that the rental is located in.
We expect you to give us all information that is necessary to rent your property. Other expectations are listed in the property management agreement. ( link)
6. How do you handle late rental payments?
All tenants must pay their rent no later than the 5th of the month. There could be exceptions (i.e. people whose Social Security does not hit their account until later in the month).
After the 5th of the month they are notified by email and postal letter that they are late, and must pay a late fee. They are reminded that if rent is not received by the 15th, we will file with the district justice. Our management company retains the late fee as part of our service fee since we do not charge for any court hearings at the district court level.
7. How do you handle maintenance requests?
A property manager is available to receive calls or texts from tenants on a 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a years.
8. How many properties do you manage?
9. What are your screening requirements for prospective tenants?
A prospective tenant completes an application. We do a credit/background check based on criteria that you, the owner, give us. We verify income, employment, and call previous landlords for reference. Normally we look for income that is 3 times the amount of rent.
10. How often will I receive updates from your company?
Normally you will hear from us once a month – with your end of the month rental report. You will hear from us more often, if there is a problem with your rental or the tenant is not paying all or full rent. You will also hear from us when it is time to renew a lease or a tenant gives notice that he is moving.
11. How do your security deposits work?
We place security deposits into an escrow account.
12. What is your average length for tenant occupancy in your properties?
Fifty percent of our tenants have been in the same rental unit for 3 or more years.
13. What length in leases do you offer?
Our leases are normally 1 year leases.
14. Average time one of your properties is vacant between listings?
4 weeks to 2 months. depending upon how much time is needed to make the unit rent ready after someone moves out.
15. How do you market upcoming/current listings?
We market on the Greater Harrisburg Association of Realtors Multi List, and other major websites (i.e. Realtor.com, Trulia, Hot Pads).
16. What miscellaneous fees can I expect?
There is a one time $35 sign up fee for each unit that has a tenant when you sign with us.
17. What types of properties do you manage?
Residential single families homes, duplexes and multi-units.
5521 Carlisle Pike, Suite C • Mechanicsburg, PA 17050